Looking for fun things to do when staying at home because of the coronavirus? You’re in luck! Below we list an array of online classes that not only keep you entertained but also offer interesting and productive activities to help keep your mind stimulated. From learning a new language to apps for kids and families, this list has got you covered!
1. Want to learn how to speak a new language? Download the Duolingo app today and begin learning important phrases, words, grammar, etc. This app is completely free and is recommended by millions of users. This app offers eleven languages to choose from (English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, Russian, Esperanto, Guaraní and Swedish) and has been recommended by both Apple and The New York Times.
Babbel is another language app option that is very entertaining and easy to use, however, this app is not free like Duolingo. With lessons in more than a dozen languages, including Indonesian, Portuguese, and Turkish, the first lesson in every course is free but if you want to continue using the app you must subscribe. Prices range from $ 13 to $ 84 per month.
Apps For Kids Of All Ages
2. Do you have children? If so, kids between the ages of 2 to 8 years old can use your phone or tablet to explore PlayKids, an app Designed by Apple. With more than 5 million active users, your child can check out 4,000+ cartoons and books recommended by experts, along with an array of educational activities and so much more.
We also recommend using Farfaria: a subscription-based library for mobile and online devices to help get your kids engaged in reading. Farfaria offers more than 1,000 books for children of all ages with an array of English and Spanish options. Free books are also available.
For Slightly Older Kids, Take A Look At The Options Below:
National Geographic Young Explorer: Is a wonderful digital science magazine for kids, with 7 issues each year, in both English and Spanish. Children can read these magazine on the company’s website, or through a free app.
Smithsonian Tribune – is a free online reading program that caters to preschool children up to 12-year-olds. With an array of articles to choose from, kids can read articles in both English and Spanish to help develop their language and reading skills.
Discover The Secret To Happiness With Yale University
3. Learn how to be happy in every moment of your life by studying the science of happiness at Yale University. Believe it or not, this subject is one of the most popular courses taught at this prestigious institution, resulting in them offering it for free, online during these times of confinement due to the coronavirus. Check out the program, here.
Do You Want To Improve Your Business, Enhance Your Professional Career Or Perfect Your Technological Skills?
4. Google Digital Garage provides free online training courses in three subjects: professional development, digital marketing, data and technology. The advantage of taking one of these classes? They are totally flexible and personalized! Once you finish your course you will receive an accredited certificate that will improve your CV and look good on your LinkedIn profile.
Learn How To Be At Peace With Online Mediation Classes
5. Our last suggestion for taking online classes at home is internet meditation classes to help you learn and deepen your knowledge of finding your zen. Its extensive benefits are not only useful for your daily life, but can help you find peace, lower anxiety and relax your mind during these difficult and stressful times.
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) online course, or High Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program, is highly recommended by various meditation sites for its excellent content. MBSR meditation is currently used in clinics and hospitals, and is also used by school teachers around the world.
Lead instructor, Dave Potter, is certified in teaching MBSR by the University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, where Ph.D. Jon Kabat-Zinn founded the Mindfulness Center. Potter is a retired psychotherapist, specializing in anxiety, stress, and trauma, making him the perfect teacher to help you overcome these types of obstacles. This free program lasts eight weeks and is available in both English and Spanish.■