Oxtail with Potato Cream
ORIGIN: Spain // DIFFICULTY: High // COOKING TIME: 5 hours
4.5 lbs. Oxtail
2.5 oz. Bacon
1 Chopped Onion
2 cups White Wine
2 Garlic Cloves
3 lbs. Tomato Pulp
5.3 oz. Celery
3.5 oz. Carrots
1 oz. Pine Nuts
0.7 oz. Raisins
0.7 oz. Bitter Chocolate
1.7 oz. Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Wash the tail in cold water and dry completely.
2. Season with salt and pepper and cover with the flour.
3. Brown in a pan with a little oil and set aside.
4. In a large pot, saute with bacon and oil and add the onion, carrot, and half the celery.
5. Add the tail with garlic. Add cloves and cook for about 10 minutes.
6. Pour the white wine and let evaporate about 10 minutes. Add the tomato. Boil for an hour over low heat. Pour hot water to cover the meat. Cover and let cook for 4 hours over very low heat. Add the rest of diced celery.
7. Add the rest of the stew, along with pine nuts and raisins.
8. Check the meat texture and flavor.
9. In the last minutes of cooking add the chocolate
10. Clean the oxtail and place on plastic wrap. Make a roll and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
9 oz. Potatoes
1 oz. Butter
3 oz. Cream
1.8 oz. Milk
Boil the unpeeled potatoes, drain the water, peel, cover with milk, cream and butter, cook for 10 min, mix, add salt and serve.
Cut the tail that is wrapped in plastic, bake for 10 min at 350° F. On the other hand pour the cream of potato in the center of the plate, put the meat on top, decorate, and ready to serve. ■