Travel


Galapagos Islands, The Exoticism And Beauty Of Nature

Federico Tibytt


The greatest beauty of the Galapagos Archipelago is its exuberant nature, with its famous giant tortoises, dense tropical forests and beautiful white sandy beaches surrounded by turquoise waters. Several five star hotels will make your stay unique and unforgettable.


The Galapagos Archipelago, located a little more than 500 miles to the west of the Republic of Ecuador, is made up of a series of 13 main islands, six smaller islands and 42 islets, forming one of the most exotic tourist destinations in South America. These islands are famous worldwide for the concentration of unique species in their territory, dense tropical forests and beautiful white sandy beaches surrounded by turquoise waters. Although 97 percent of the area is protected as a nature reserve, the remaining 3 percent offers a wide range of hospitality, dining options and excellent tourist attractions, all geared towards ecotourism and sustainability.Galapagos IslandsA perfect example of the conservation efforts in the Galapagos Islands is Gardner Bay, selected, on more than one occasion, as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world (the world’s most beautiful beaches). This pristine paradise, located on the north shore of Hood Island, offers a mile of open beach. Travelers will be glad to know this stretch of beach welcomes, every year, hundreds of sea turtles that come ashore to lay their eggs.

Other examples of the Bay’s wildlife are sea lions and the emblematic giant tortoises, but there is also an abundance of albatrosses, flamingos, Darwin‘s finches (described for the first time by the celebrated English naturalist), Galapagos doves and cranes.

Galapagos Islands

For diving enthusiasts, the white coral formations along Gardner Bay are a mandatory visit. With an unmatched selection of underwater fauna, the reef offers constant sightings of the most exotic fish for snorkelers and divers.

Although the islands’ natural landscape is carefully protected, discerning tourists have their pick of luxury accommodations. The archipelago boasts 4 luxurious 5 star hotels spread across the main islands. The Galapagos Safari Camp is located in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. Famous for its luxury tents, reminiscent of the best African lodges, it boasts the best views of the ocean and the natural reserve from the private terraces in every room and tent. Also on Santa Cruz, travelers will find the Royal Palm, a luxury hotel designed in high Caribbean style with individual cabins and suites as well as other relaxing amenities.

Galapagos Islands                Galapagos Safari Camp.

The Finch Bay Hotel, an eco-friendly destination features spacious, finely decorated rooms on the water in Puerto Ayora; and on Isabela Island’s Puerto Villamil, the Iguana Crossing Hotel welcomes visitors with direct access to the beaches and unforgettable modern facilities.

Galapagos Islands                Royal Palm Hotel.
In the Galapagos Archipelago, the traditional way of going from one island to another is through small boats typical of the region, but if you are looking for exclusivity, the best recommendation is to lease one of the numerous catamarans, yachts or luxury cruises that transit these tranquil equatorial waters to complete an absolutely sublime experience in the midst of primordial nature.

Related Articles:

The Top 5 Most Beautiful Beaches In The World

Discover Four Amazing Underwater Cities

The Abaco Club: Yours To Discover


© azureazure.com | 2019